The policy sets out the different areas where user privacy is concerned and outlines the obligations & requirements of the users, the website and website owners. Furthermore, the way this website processes, stores and protects user data and information will also be detailed within this policy.
This website and its owners take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website complies to all national laws and requirements for user privacy.
Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computers hard drive that track, save, and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server, to provide the user with a tailored experience within this website.
Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computer’s hard drive, they should take necessary steps within their web browser’s security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
Other cookies may be stored to your computer’s hard drive by external vendors when this website uses referral programs, sponsored links, or adverts. Such cookies are used for conversion and referral tracking and typically expire after 30 days, though some may take longer. No personal information is stored, saved, or collected.
Whilst using our website, software applications, or services, you may be required to provide personal information (name, address, email, account details, etc.). We will use this information to administer our website, applications, client databases, and marketing material. We will ensure that all personal information supplied is held securely in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679, which replaces the existing Data Protection Directive also knows as Directive 95/46/EC. Further, by providing telephone, fax, and email details, you consent to OpenBack contacting you using that method. You have the right at any time to request a copy of the personal information we hold on you. Should you wish to receive a copy of this, or would like to be removed from our database, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information collection and use
How do we collect information?
OpenBack collects information in two possible ways:
a. When you directly give it to us (“Directly Provided Data”)
When you sign up for our site, purchase our products, or communicate with us, you may choose to voluntarily give us certain information – for example, by filling in text boxes or completing registration forms. All this information requires a direct action by you at that time in order for us to receive it.
b. When you give us permission to obtain from other accounts (“User Authorized Data”)
Depending on your settings or the privacy policies for other online services, you may give us permission to obtain information from your account with those other services. For example, this can be via social media or by choosing to send us your location data when accessing our website from your smartphone.
How long do we keep your data for?
OpenBack will not retain your personal information longer than necessary. We will hold onto the information you provide, either while your account is in existence or as needed, to be able to provide the Services to you, or (in the case of any contact you may have with our Customer Support team) for as long as is necessary to provide support-related reporting and trend analysis only.
If legally required or if it is reasonably necessary to meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our Website Terms or OpenBack Platform Agreement, we may also retain some of your information for a limited period of time as required, even after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide the Services to you.
OpenBack will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information, gathered as a result of filling out the site registration form, to anyone.
Choosing how we use your data
We understand that you trust us with your personal information, and we are committed to ensuring you can manage the privacy and security of your personal information yourself.
With respect to the information relating to you that ends up in our possession, and recognizing that it is your choice to provide us with your personally identifiable information, we commit to giving you the ability to do all of the following:
- You can verify the details you have submitted to OpenBack by contacting our customer support team. Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we reveal information, including your email address and possibly your address.
- You can also contact us by the same method to change, correct, or delete your personal information controlled by OpenBack regarding your profile at any time. Please note, however, that if you have shared any information with others through social media channels, that information may remain visible, even if your account is deleted.
- You are also free to close your account by contacting us at any time or through Account Settings. If you do so, your account will be deactivated. However, we may retain archived copies of your information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. (Including to help address fraud and spam.)
- You can always feel free to update us on your details at any point by contacting us at any time.
- You can unsubscribe from receiving marketing emails from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email. Once you do this, you will no longer receive any marketing emails from us.
- You can request a readable copy of the personal data we hold on you at any time. To do this, please contact us.